Εμφάνιση αναρτήσεων με ετικέτα Arabia Saudita. Εμφάνιση όλων των αναρτήσεων
Εμφάνιση αναρτήσεων με ετικέτα Arabia Saudita. Εμφάνιση όλων των αναρτήσεων

Δευτέρα, Φεβρουαρίου 23, 2015

Egypt Calls for Joint Arab Defense Force


Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sissi told his countrymen, in a televised national address late Sunday, that Egypt is hoping to be part of a new Arab joint defense force, which is now under consideration by the Arab League.
Sissi insisted Egypt has always sought to defend itself “from inside its own borders,” without intentionally aggressing its neighbors. He defended his military action in neighboring Libya, saying 13 terrorist sites were attacked in retaliation for the beheading of 21 Coptic Christians by Islamic State militants.

He insists Egypt's army does not attack any country or invade its land. Recently, and until now, he says Egypt has defended its territory without leaving its borders.

The Egyptian leader also brought up the topic of putting together a joint Arab defense force, a subject that was discussed at last week's meeting of Arab League foreign ministers.

He says the need for a unified Arab force is growing and becoming more pressing every day due to the challenges the region is facing. He added the region will be able to overcome such challenges when it unites.

Both the United Arab Emirates and Jordan have expressed support for Egypt during the recent conflict in Libya and the killings of its citizens. But Qatar criticized the Egyptian airstrikes in Libya and has been at loggerheads with Egypt's military-backed government since the ouster of Islamist President Mohamed Morsi in July 2013.

Al Hayat newspaper recently noted a joint Arab defense pact already exists, dating back to 1950. A number of Arab states have fought alongside Egypt in its conflicts with Israel. Egypt also participated in the 1991 Gulf War to liberate Kuwait.

American University of Beirut political science Professor Hilal Khashan says all previous efforts of Arab states to form a joint military force since 1948, “on the eve of the Palestine War [which led to the creation of Israel] have failed.”

But Khashan points out Saudi Arabia's new King Salman has been pondering the formation of a “joint Sunni force,” including Egypt and its arch-rival Turkey.

“The new Saudi King Salman, in his bid to open up to the [Muslim] Brotherhood, has been applying pressure on [President] Sissi to resolve his conflicts with the Brotherhood so that relations between Turkey and Egypt can be improved. Salman wants to create a Sunni [Arab] force, consisting of Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Egypt, and Turkey,” said Khashan.

Given the current tensions between Egypt and Turkey, which is now home to a number of Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood leaders, the probability of forming such a force is questionable.
 http://www.voanews.com/content/egypt-calls-for-joint-arab-defense-force/2655564.html
23/2/15

Πέμπτη, Νοεμβρίου 27, 2014

Oil prices sink as OPEC rejects output cut

Oil prices sunk to fresh four-year lows on Thursday, with New York crude plunging below $70 a barrel, after OPEC decided against cutting output despite a huge oversupply in world markets.
At about 16:10 GMT, West Texas Intermediate for January delivery struck $69.11 per barrel -- last seen on May 25, 2010. Brent North Sea crude for January hit $72.74, a level last witnessed on July 7, 2010.
Asked whether the oil OPEC had decided not to reduce production, Saudi Arabian Oil Minister Ali al-Naimi told reporters in Vienna: “That is right.”

He was speaking after a five hour meeting of the producer group broke up.
Kuwait’s Oil Minister Ali Saleh al-Omair confirmed the decision, saying there will bot “no change” in OPEC’s oil output.
Oil prices have fallen by more than a third since June as increasing production in North America from shale oil has overwhelmed demand at a time of sluggish global economic growth.
The cartel, whose largest producer and exporter is Saudi Arabia, will meet again in June next year, said an OPEC delegate.
Tariq Zahir, analyst at Tyche Capital Advisors in New York, said and the slide in U.S. crude could continue below $65 a barrel in coming weeks, a factor that may start to challenge the economics of North American shale oil production.

“I really think we will start getting into a price war,” Zahir said. “I think you would be a little crazy to try to pick a bottom here. I expect to see a bounce but any bounce will be sold into.”

He added trading volumes were reasonably strong on Thursday despite many U.S. traders being off for the Thanksgiving holiday.

Oil analysts said the OPEC decision left the oil market vulnerable to much bigger falls as abundant supply of high quality, light crude oil floods world markets, much of it from shale oil in North America.

“Saudi Arabia and OPEC will have to live with a prolonged period of low prices for any dent in U.S.-shale or production levels to happen,” said Harry Tchilinguirian, senior strategist at BNP Paribas in London.


[english.alarabiya.net with Reuters]
27/11/14

Κυριακή, Δεκεμβρίου 22, 2013

Syrische Armee vernichtet Dutzende Extremisten, darunter ausländische Söldner

Die syrische Armee hat am Samstag dutzende Extremisten, darunter viele ausländische Söldner, getötet, wie die Agentur Sana am Sonntag unter Berufung auf die Regierungskräfte meldet.

„Bei Sonderoperationen in den Orten Duma, Yabrud, Maalula und Zabadani wurden Dutzende Extremisten, darunter Bürger Saudi-Arabiens und des Libanon, getötet. Die Armee hat im Raum von Duma eine Anti-Terror-Operation durchgeführt und den Bunker einer bewaffneten Gruppe mit Waffen und Munition zerstört“, heißt es.


In Syrien herrscht seit März 2011 ein bewaffneter Konflikt zwischen Behörden und Opposition. Nach Schätzungen der UNO sind etwa 100.000 Menschen ums Leben gekommen. Die syrischen Behörden sind laut eigenen Angaben mit dem Widerstand von gut bewaffneten Extremisten konfrontiert, die von außen unterstützt würden.

Wie der Fernsehsender Al-Arabiya in dieser Woche unter Berufung auf die in London ansässige Syrische Beobachtungsstellte für Menschenrechte mitteilte, sind seit dem Ausbruch der syrischen Krise Anfang 2011 mehr als 11 000 Kämpfer aus nahezu 70 Ländern nach Syrien gekommen, um an den Kampfhandlungen gegen die Regierungstruppen teilzunehmen.

de.ria.ru
22/12/13
--
-
mehr zum Thema:

 

Τρίτη, Νοεμβρίου 05, 2013

Qatar slams 'unconditional' proposed Syria talks.


AFP - Qatar's emir criticised Tuesday what he claimed were unconditional terms for a proposed peace conference on Syria, saying the talks would lead nowhere and should focus on "achieving justice" for Syria's people.

Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad al-Thani, whose country has been a main backer of the Syrian rebellion, criticised "attempts by some to substitute achieving justice for the (Syrian) people, who have paid the heaviest price... with unconditional negotiations that lack a timeframe and lead nowhere."

His remarks come as Washington, Moscow and the United Nations are trying to fix a date for the so-called Geneva II talks bringing all sides together to discuss a political solution to the Syrian conflict.


More than 120,000 people have been killed since an uprising against President Bashar al-Assad's regime erupted in March 2011.
Syria's opposition has refused to attend unless Assad's resignation is on the table. and some rebel groups have warned that participants would be considered traitors.

For his part, Assad has said he would not negotiate with any group tied to the rebels or to foreign states.
Speaking at the opening of a new term of the Shura (consultative) Council in Doha, Sheikh Tamim said talks must "reach a political solution that recognises the Syrian people's legitimate demands and is based on a timetable."

On Monday, Saudi Foreign Minister Prince Saud al-Faisal also said that negotiations "shouldn't just go on indefinitely," in reference to the proposed peace conference.
Saudi Arabia, along with Turkey, are also main backers of the Syrian opposition.
But Doha appears to have taken a back seat since the former emir, Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani, abdicated in favour of his son in June.
france24.com
5/11/13
---

Σάββατο, Αυγούστου 31, 2013

Mercenarios sirios admiten responsabilidad de ataque con armas químicas

Mercenarios sirios de Goutha, en los suburbios de Damasco (capital siria), admitieron su responsabilidad en el ataque perpetrado con armas químicas el pasado 21 de agosto, suceso en el que perdieron la vida al menos mil 300 personas.

En una declaración a la corresponsal de la agencia  Associated Press (AP), Dale Gavlak, los mercenarios señalaron que el "accidente" se produjo por el mal manejo de las armas químicas que les proporciona Arabia Saudita.

Según explicó la periodista, médicos y residentes de Goutha creen que los mercenarios recibieron las armas químicas del jefe de la Inteligencia saudí, el príncipe Bandar bin Sultan, y que fueron ellos "los responsables de llevar a cabo el ataque con gas".



De acuerdo con algunos testimonios de los mercenarios "no estaban propiamente entrenados sobre cómo manejar las armas químicas o incluso que no les habían dicho que las armas eran químicas", y dijeron que además "las armas iban destinadas al Frente Al Nursa, grupo afilado a Al Qaeda".


La información obtenida por Dale Gavlak contradice completamente a los pretextos que airea el Gobierno de Estados Unidos (EE.UU.), que insiste en preparar una ofensiva contra Siria alegando que el uso de armas químicas es por parte del Gobierno y no de los mercenarios.

El gobierno de Bashar Al Assad ha condenado en todas las oportunidades posibles el uso de estas armas. El Gobierno de Rusia ha recalcado que estas acusaciones de EE.UU. forman parte de una campaña internacional que lo que busca es justificar acciones guerreristas contra el país árabe.
telesurtv.net
31/8/13

Οι νεκροί Έλληνες στα μακεδονικά χώματα σάς κοιτούν με οργή

«Παριστάνετε τα "καλά παιδιά" ελπίζοντας στη στήριξη του διεθνή παράγοντα για να παραμείνετε στην εξουσία», ήταν η κατηγορία πο...